Fresh Tastes and Canteen
Red Hill Primary is a Fresh Tastes school and is committed to the promotion of healthy food and drink in the school environment and to encouraging and fostering life-long healthy eating habits.
Canteen and Healthy Kids Association (HKA)
Red Hill Primary is partnering with Healthy Kids Association (HKA) to provide a three-day per week canteen service.
Healthy Kids Association is a health promotion organisation which aims to improve access to nutritious food and educate children and families on how to make informed choices for a healthy life.
HKA are a premier organisation advising and supporting school canteens in NSW and ACT for over 25 years. HKA uses delicious, seasonal fresh produce and nutritious products which meet the highest health criteria standards, and complies fully with the National Healthy Schools Canteen Guidelines.
The canteen menu, developed by HKA’s qualified chefs and dieticians, will provide variety, choice and appropriate food and drink items for children, including a range of cold and hot offerings, with daily specials available. The food will be prepared daily in the canteen by the canteen manager and assistant.
How it works
- The canteen will operate a four-day service from Tuesday to Friday.
- There will be a recess and lunch service.
- Lunch meals needs to be ordered online via flexischools (via the lunch selection)
- Snacks and milk drinks for recess can be ordered online via flexischools (via the recess selection) and will also be available over the counter.
- Flexischool orders can be done up until 8:30am on the day required.
- Sushi lunch orders are available on Fridays only. Orders must be placed via flexischools by 12pm on Wednesday.
- Children will collect food directly from canteen.