Fresh Tastes and Canteen
Y's Bites is a YMCA initiative developed to trial a new model of food services for ACT Schools. Red Hill Primary School is participating in this trial. Y’s Bites canteen service is available for students and staff on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Benefits for Families
- Twice a week lunch order opportunity – take a break from packing a lunch box on Wednesdays and Fridays!
- Y’s Bites is offering only healthy choices, so whatever your child wishes to order you can be sure it has the high nutritional value they need to get through a day of quality learning.
- Families order before 5pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays and pay online through www.flexischools.com.au
- Hot & cold healthy choice menu aligned with the ACT Public School Food and Drink Policy.
Benefits for the School Community
- YMCA provides a delivered in food service twice a week directly to the school.
- No transactional ordering or payment requirements for the school.
- No financial cost to the school.
- YMCA operates under a Healthy Food and Drink Policy aligned to the ACT Public school policy.
- Responsibility and leadership opportunity for senior students to be rostered for weekly distribution of lunch orders to classrooms.
- YMCA packaging and food transport solutions are recyclable to align with our sustainability commitment.
- All food is prepared at Leumeah Lodge, a YMCA facility catering to school and sporting groups visiting Canberra.
- YMCA kitchen CCP registered and maintains current food licence.
- Hot meals heat sealed to maintain optimal food safety.
- Delivery in refrigerated food van with industry approved food storage containers to maintain hot / cold temperatures.
- Orders delivered labelled with student name & class ready for classroom distribution.
- Gluten free wraps available.
- Our meat is Halal.
- Full Nutrition Panel information on our meal items - Product Specifications